Independence Shopping Center is a 22,080-square-foot retail center that is shadow-anchored by a Walmart Supercenter located in Independence, Kansas. The building is currently 100 percent occupied, and all leases are triple-net. Anchored by Dollar Tree, the center has a complementary mix of national tenants including U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless, and The Shoe Dept. Constructed in 2003, the center is situated on a 2.59-acre parcel with ample paved parking. A double-sided monument sign on the hard corner provides additional exposure to the center.
Independence Shopping Center is well positioned on the hard corner of Peter Pan Road and U.S. 75 (West Main Street), one of the city’s major north-south thoroughfares which sees over 19,538 vehicles per day. Numerous national and regional retailers are in the neighboring area, including Hibbett Sports, Domino’s Pizza, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Braum’s Ice Cream, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Subway, Scooter’s Coffee, McDonald’s, Walgreens, AutoZone Auto Parts, and many others. Additional traffic is provided by several neighboring hotels, such as Kansas Inn, Comfort Inn & Suites, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham and Super 8 by Wyndham. Independence Community College is approximately four miles south of the shopping center, with a student population exceeding 1,000 students each semester. The average household income is $58,266 within three miles; $59,720 within five miles; and $60,981 within ten miles.
- 22,080-Square-Foot, Multi-Tenant Retail Center | Shadow-Anchored by Walmart Supercenter
- 100% Occupied | All Leases are Triple-Net
- Anchored by Dollar Tree | Publicly Traded Company (NASDAQ: DLTR) | Long-Term Tenant in the Center for 20 Years
- 100% National Tenants with Corporate Guarantees | Verizon Lease is Guaranteed by Russell Cellular Inc., Operator of 800+ Locations Across 43 States
- Located on the Hard Corner, Signalized Intersection of Peter Pan Road and U.S. 75 (West Main Street) | U.S. 75 is the City’s Major North-South Thoroughfare | Traffic Counts Exceed 19,538 Vehicles Per Day
- Close Proximity to Many National and Regional Retailers | Neighboring Hotels and School Campuses Provide Additional Traffic to the Area
- Independence Community College is Four Miles South of the Subject Property | Estimated Student Enrollment of 1,000 Students Per Semester
- Independence is the County Seat of Montgomery County in Southeast Kansas | Located Approximately 190 Miles Southwest of Kansas City | 120 Miles East of Wichita | 95 Miles North of Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Priced at $102 Per Square Foot